Thursday, August 18, 2011

mix n match

I was a bit at a loss for what to make for dinner this week. I knew I had a fun and busy weekend on deck (Happy 21st Timmy :)) and I also knew I had four days of work. So, I needed something a) quick and b) with enough variety that I could eat it for four days. I figured a sandwich or the like was a good direction to go in. So, after wandering around TJ's I decided on a bunch of ingredients I could mix and match:


- TJ's Jalapeno Chicken Sausage (100 calories!)
- TJ's Whole Grain Tortillas w/ Flax
- Hummus
- Avocado
- Tomatoes (from my Aunt Sheila's garden)
- Baby spinach
- Green pepper (roasted under the broiler)
- Red onion
- cucumber
- jarred jalapenos


I froze the sausage so that it wouldn't go bad before I used it, and then each day I thawed in the microwave. I did a quick saute in a pan with the sausage, roasted peppers, and onions. Pre-roasting the peppers meant I only had to heat the through which allowed the onions to keep a slight crunch. Mmm.


Each day I've been playing with which ingredients I actually use, and how they are used. The avocado can be a spread of cut in chunks, the spinach can be heated or raw (ditto with the tomatoes). 

I also used variety for my sides: kale chips, fruit, graham crackers w/ peanut butter (don't judge).


Tonight I was hoping to head out for a swim before work, since yesterday I opted for a longer bike and run rather than doing all three (45 min bike, 4 mile run + 1 mile walk cool down). Unfortunately, it looks like a rainy, cool day which may mean no pool. Unfortunately may be the wrong word here though, because honestly I don't really want to swim later and riany days are my favorite kinds of sleeping days. Hmm... maybe it will be a Jillian Michaels DVD day. Or maybe just sleep.

If I do motivate myself to wake up early AND exercise, it'll just be a be another quick wrap and heat up the Babaganoush Soup I made this weekend and COMPLETELY neglected all week. I hate when I make something that sounds great and then don't want it after all. Tonight it's a must.

Good day to you and good night to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment