Tuesday, August 2, 2011

training time

I finally gave in and decided that my "just wing it" method for tri training just isn't going to cut it. Thanks to Google I stumbled across plenty of training plans, but I decided to bade my training off of the simplest one I found- one based on time rather than distance or heat rate. Rearranged the workouts to fit my work schedule and put every workout onto my Google calendar so that I can keep track.

Yesterday I was slated to run for 35 minutes. I ran for 45 because I really wanted to do my favorite 5 mile loop. Today's workout was a 25 minute swim and 35 minute bike- which I followed pretty exactly. It ended up being about 3/4 of a mile swim and 8 mile bike. Unfortunately I've decided I really don't like biking for exercise. All the more reason I need a plan so that I don't totally neglect the biking.

As my post-workout snack I made a Chocolate-Banana Protein Shake. I've had Chocolate Designer Whey Protein in my cabinet for a long time, and I figure it was time to use it. The protein powder is 100 calories and 18 grams of protein per scoop. It has a pretty good flavor but mixes best in a blender. This recipe is amazing- tastes like a real shake but is packed with protein, good carbs, and nutrients for recovery.


Chocolate-Banana Protein Shake 
(makes one)

1 frozen banana 
1 scoop chocolate protein powder 
6 ice cubes 
4 - 6 oz original flavor almond milk



As I mentioned in my last entry, meals this week are leftovers, pantry, and freezer staples. For work this week I made pasta tossed with TJ's Pomodoro Sauce with sauteed frozen artichokes, canned chickpeas, and frozen green beans. I bought organic raspberries, apples, and a mango to supplement lunch but that was it!

Dinner tonight- flour tortilla with chickpeas, baby spinach, tomato, fresh mozzarella, and lots of TJ's Roasted Red Pepper and Eggplant Spread. I have to admit, I snacked on a leftover chicken finger and a few potato chips earlier in the day, so I wasn't particularly hungry for dinner tonight and this was plenty without anything on the side- which is rare for me!


Off to work. Had trouble napping for the first time in my memory which could get interesting... better not become a trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment