Sunday, July 10, 2011

lean and green

The benefit to working Saturday night is teh speedy drive home. I was asleep by 9, which is usually the earliest I get home. I was planning to gte up at 4 and get a worlout in, which also never appens between shifts, but I just couldn't motivate myself. Instead I made more lettuce wraps- same everything as yesterday- and some  avocado on whole wheat. I REALLY need to get some more color in my diet this week. The green thing is getting a little bo-ring.



Just wanted to share this article from Tech Crunch about foodie websites and blogs. It has a lotof cool websites, but more than that it really supports the way I like to approach eating. If you're too lazy to read teh article, or not that interested, this is the gist.


    "We are separated from what we eat. We lose that connection as to where the food came from in the first place, where it was planted, harvested, and how it ended up prepared on our plate. That’s what excites me about this particular batch of startups. They may or may not create a Google-like technology giant, but that’s not the point. They’re riding social networks and creating peer-to-peer economies, allowing us to connect with others around food and offering an interesting (and sometimes cheaper and healthier) alternative to frozen dinners and overpriced restaurants. Technology will probably never be able to answer the question “Where should we eat?” That’s OK. What’s important is that how we answer the question could be different in the future, and that’s a good thing. After all, we’re not just what we eat—we’re also where we eat and whom we eat with." - Tech Crunch

It is not a tough concept- we need to start thinking about where our food came from. That means how it was grown, how it was packaged, and how it was cooked. What that means is investing time into buying and preparing the food we eat. If you wouldn't just take a medicine without being informed why eat things every day without a little background knowledge? Give credit where credit is due- without food we won't be around long. Think about food and then share your food with those around you. :)

Props to my brother Tim for finding this article- and many others yet to be shared. He's got my back.

Now I'm off to buy some $1 Honest Teas at ShopRite before work. Thanks for the heads up Aunt Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment