Friday, April 22, 2011

fish tacos

It was just my mom and I tonight so I made fish tacos- perfect since we are the only two who really eat fish.
Mmm...
For the fish:

Wild caught dover sole marinated for 6 hours in fresh lime juice, black pepper, and crushed garlic. I grilled the fish but should have used a grill pan  because this was so  think and flaky it was falling through the cracks! Saved most of it though! For

For the tacos:

  • Cubed organic avocado
  • Small corn tortillas (60 calories each)- heat wrapped in foil on grill while fish cooks
  • Organic broccoli slaw (plain) 
  • Organic black beans, frozen yellow corn (thawed), and chopped green onions
  • Spicy Chipotle Yogurt- plain greek yogurt, lime juice, 1 chipotle w/ 1T adobo sauce, flat-leaf parsley
"Fried"Okra on the side:





awkward shadow... indoor light is bad for food pictures

And a shared Kennebunkport IPA from TJ's split with Mom. I love IPAs...


... but not sharing a beer. I don't think it'll become a habit. I like my beer too much and my mom agrees. Off to see Kelly, in from Cali, and to have a beer or two more!

No comments:

Post a Comment