Monday, April 18, 2011

sunday sweaty sunday

Last night at work I was reading the back of my Food Should Taste Good Jalepeno Chips, at 5 am mind you, and read the following from Pete Lescoe, the company's founder:

I love food.  I’ve been working in restaurants and grocery stores my whole life, and if I’ve learned anything, it’s that food tastes best when it’s made with real ingredients.  That’s why I started my own company, dedicated to making wholesome, healthy snacks.  As for the name, Food Should Taste Good, it kind of wrote itself.

Amen Pete. We must have been friends in a past life. 


Speaking of friends from a past life... I miss my roomies. ( college = past, not friendships!)



Anyways... great night at work last night. I had three really nice kids with nice families and all kiddies that decided to sleep. :) Of course, there was abundance of junk food- three dozen Krispy Kremes and baked goods galore. These aren't even my real weakness but I usually end up snacking on them anyway- even though I'd much prefer protein or some chips. I took a step back before heading down the road into a sugar coma and thought about whether I really wanted anything. I realized I didn't and grabbed my salad. Later, however, I did have a triangle of an appetizer similar to spanakopita, a bite of chicken, and a bite of some ground beef patty thing from a family who gave the nurses some Egyptian food. Everything was tasty and relatively healthy- plus they were snacks that I actually enjoy. Nothing to feel bad about there. Yay for mindful eating!

Tried to make the most of what Sunday I had left after sleeping until 2:30. It was lunchtime for me so I made the Spinach, Bacon, and Romano Eggs I had yesterday for lunch, On the side I had 1/2 of a banana, 1 organic kiwi, and 1 T Spicy Lemon Hummus  on a toasted whole wheat english muffin (high fiber, low calorie). 

Made it to hot yoga at 4:00. And my lord, it was HOT. Usually the room is set at 95 degrees and heats up as we practice due to body heat. However, today the class was right after a highschool men's lacrosse team had a yoga event- so the room STARTED at 106 and kept climbing! Hot yoga became dehydration yoga. Had a great teacher, Kim, who wasn't quite as nurturing as Marion from the other day but kept a great pace and reallly pushed us. She also chose poses and a way that flowed perfectly. The heat was really challenging for me and at one point Kim said a pose should feel "yummy." Yummy? Really? Try  "this pose shuold feel like you are going to die and there is a chance you may!" She also told use to use the pool of sweat on our mat as a focal point during one pose. Attractive but accurate. Despite the moments of torture, I enjoyed the class. It always feels like an accomplishment when I leave, plus I feel relaxed, rejuvenated, and stronger. 

Went to 5:30 mass for Palm Sunday and dinner with the fam tonight which was nice since so often I leave for work before dinner. Tongiht was pork loin cutlets (fried only using cooking spray), salad, steamed asparagus in vinagrette, roasted potatoes, and coleslaw (only lightly dressed so it was crunchy and not a calorie overload). Good work Mom!

After dinner I was in a cooking mood and for the last 2 hours I made Lentils PuttanescaBreakfast Berry Baked Buckwheat, Tangy Feta Dip, and roasted veggies. A glass of merlot and some country music kept me company through the cooking and clean up. I will hopefully have pictures tomorrow when I post the recipes- can't find batteries for the camera anywhere!

Off to rehydrate and get to bed so that tomorrow I can get lots done before working Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. What was I thinking with this schedule??




No comments:

Post a Comment