Wednesday, April 13, 2011

couldn't have said it better myself...

so here we go... just created this blog on a whim and am a bit stuck as to what to say so i'll let these lyrics do it for me. totally forgot about this song, but when i did a little google search to see if my blog came up (it didn't), i stumbled back across this song. and my, aren't these lyrics appropriate to what i'm doing here...

"Twentysomething"
  Jamie Cullum

After years of expensive education
A car full of books and anticipation
I'm an expert on Shakespeare and that's a hell of a lot
But the world don't need scholars as much as I thought
Maybe I'll go traveling for a year
Finding myself, or start a career
Could work the poor, though I'm hungry for fame
We all seem so different but we're just the same
Maybe I'll go to the gym, so I don't get fat
Aren't things more easy, with a tight six pack
Who knows the answers, who do you trust
I can't even separate love from lust
Maybe I'll move back home and pay off my loans
Working nine to five, answering phones
But don't make me live for Friday nights
Drinking eight pints and getting in fights
Maybe I'll just fall in love
That could solve it all
Philosophers say that that's enough
There surely must be more
Love ain't the answer, nor is work
The truth eludes me so much it hurts
But I'm still having fun and I guess that's the key
I'm a twentysomething and I'll keep being me

No comments:

Post a Comment