Monday, April 25, 2011

easter... updated!

Finally have a moment to write, so I figure I'll recap Easter a bit. I ended up sleeping in until 10 even though I wanted to get up for a run AND swim. Are we seeing a trend here? I just figure it's better to attempt to get up most days so that at least I actually follow through on them half the time!

Before church we had breakfast as a family with my cousin Candice and her two lacrosse teammates as the guests. Breakfast was an egg dish that we always have on holidays. It's made of shredded potatoes, eggs, cheddar cheese, and bacon.... how could it not be delicious? I had fruit on the side and resisted the cinnamon rolls and biscuits so that I could have seconds on the eggs. I'll have to put the recipe on soon!

After Mass, I squeezed in a quick  3 1/2 mile run. It was just too beautiful out not to, especially since we have been sorely missing spring! Post-run it was nap time, which killed me since I fell asleep to everyone having an Easter egg hunt- with all of the eggs filled with $1. Soooo jealous!


The Easter Chef and  I
My mom made Easter dinner and was nice enough to plan it so that I could eat with everyone before I left for work. The menu was:
  • Honey baked ham
  • Roast beef (rare! yum!)
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Grilled asparagus
  • Corn and peas
  • Grilled pineapple (amazing)
  • Salad of butter lettuce, strawberries, and Mandarin oranges with blush vinaigrette
Excellent dinner, good work Mom!

Unfortunately, I only got a picture of the antipasti platter since I was rushing out the door after dinner. I had a few pieces of salami, red pepper, and fresh mozz off the tray before heading in for nap.

The Antipasti

I also had a serving of Gertrude Hawk Peanut Butter Bunny Smidgens before dinner. Candy right before dinner is what Easter's all about, right? PB Smidgens are basically Reese's but 1000000 times more delicious and bunny shaped. Can it get any better? I would have eaten way more than four if I hadn't glanced at the calories first. Yikes!


I had to put a picture of this hilarious/awesome gift from My god son. Yes, he is 10. It's a steel wine bottle holder... if you can't tell its a nurse. Complete with needle and stethascope. I love it. Even included a bottle of red. What a thoughful godson :)

Wine Bottle Holder, RN


I really hope there are more Smidgens when I go home...


No comments:

Post a Comment