Thursday, June 30, 2011

quick chick

I wanted to write more because I had a GREAT run yesterday... but more on that in my next entry I think. I didn't post yesterday because I felt too exhausted when I got the time to post and instead went to bed and now I have to run because its getting trafficy. Got a ton done today before work, including a 30 minute swim which was DESPERATELY needed as I need to kick into triathlon mode. First training swim in awhile and man did it show. I need to get to two a week. The nice thing is now I get to swim outside, as shown by the one piece tan line I got today. Ah joy of summer :)


 
more "ice cream" smoothie in a bowl for breakfast

and for dinner...


avocado on whole wheat toast and Zucchini and Carrot Ribbons with Quick Chickpea Sauce


Quick Chick Peas Sauce 
1 cup chick peas 
2 cloves garlic (crushed) 
I TBSP EVOO 
1 can low sodium. organic diced tomatoes
Handful of fresh basil and oregano
Salt, pepper, crush red pepper
Splash of balsamic vinegar

1) Heat olive oil in pan. Toss in garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook for 30 seconds. Add chickpeas. Cook for two minutes. 
2) Add can of tomatoes (with juice), balsamic vinegar, and a bit of water (1/4 -1/2 cup) and simmer. 
3) Allow sauce to cook down until thick. Only about 5-10 minutes. Add fresh herbs and cook for another 2-3 minutes. 
4) Serve!



Sauce is great tossed with zucchini and carrot ribbons or pasta...


 Now I'm off to work... iced coffee in hand. Have a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment