Saturday, May 21, 2011

priorities and zeppoles

When choosing blogging or engaging in life, I will always choose the latter! And yesterday I just didn't have time to hit the computer. So, my recap post will be mostly pictures! I woke up at 2:00 and got a haircut, I love getting my hair cut! I think getting my hair cut as much as I wanted would be an awesome perk of being a celebrity. Random perk, I know. Then it was home to have a quick lunch...

Scrambled eggs (1 egg, 2 whites) w/ goat cheese and spinach,
last 2 pieces grilled tofu, Seedy Whole Grain Bread w/ PB and agave
After lunch it was off to Strictly Strength with Ann. This was a much better strength class! I am quite sore today. It was heavy on push ups though, which stinks because my tendonitis in my wrist has been killing me. Luckily, she gave me an alternative exercise.  I got a bit nostalgic after class about the fact that my gym membership is going to be suspended for the summer come May 31st, so I ran 3.1 on the treadmill. Usually I hate the treadmill but its been a rainy week so it was actually perfect!

Then it was off to do the WF and TJ run. I went a bit off my list and TOTALLY over spent this week! About $85 even with $3 in coupons and shopping produce sales. Yikes! To be fair, I bought some staples that will last awhile (frozen edamame, frozen pineapple, chicken sausage, almond milk, roasted red peppers, balsamic vinegar), but I could have cut back a bit I'm sure. I also bought 5 Honest Tea brand iced teas because they were 5 for $5 and I LOVE them. I drank one, the Honest Mate which is mate with limeade. So refreshing post-workout and it prevented me from eating snacks instead on my drive back. 

The Loot
Once I got home I was a crazy woman trying to shower and make dinner to get out of the house and take my brothers to our church fair in twenty minutes flat.  For dinner I used up leftovers and made it right in the container I kept the rice in- brown rice, grilled eggplant, feta, spinach, and raspberry vinegarette from the fridge...  it was actualyl really good. I'd mae this as a dish, not just as a way to use up leftovers.

I know, heating in plastic is bad. I was in a rush though and
I need to invest in some glass containers.

After the fair, Kerrin and I decided to have a sleepover like the old days but I promised not to throw up (which I did all the time when I was little and got homesick.. even though she lives only a mile away). Since we're grown ups now (or are we?) we added some wine and zeppoles from the fair. Yes, zeppoles are fried dough with powdered sugar covering them, and they are delicious. Half a bottle of red wine, three zeppoles, and a movie. A perfect Friday night in. 

This morning was the GOTR practice 5K which was awesome. Will add more about that later, but now I'm gonna get some food cooking for the week and spend some time outside since its FINALLY sunny. Nothing like a little sun before the end of the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment