Wednesday, May 25, 2011

just keep moving

 It felt soo wrong to go to bed when it was 80 degrees and looked like this...


 ... but somehow I did- and all the way to 5 pm! Which meant no spinning before my personal training session.  For fuel I had 1/2 a sandwich thin with mayo and two slices of turkey, as well as a smoothie. The smoothie combo was 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup pineapple, a banana, and a few pieces of fresh mango. Perfect.


Got a nice upper body workout with the personal trainer today. We stayed away from legs which was good because I got some new ideas for upper body. I REALLY wish I had a TRX because I get a great workout using my own body weight but it doesn't bother my wrists. Too bad it's just not in the budget right now!

After the gym I decided it would be horrible not to take advantage of the nice day, so a run it was. Took a new route- just over 4 1/2 miles plus a big old hill at the end. Today my head was totally in the game for the run, which is more than half the battle. Unfortunately, two minutes in my asthma was killing me from my allergies and a major cramp came on.

 Decisions decisions. I decided to keep my head in it and just push through pain. I told myself I could go as slow as I needed to as long as I kept going. I figure this is a critical piece of training for the triathalon- to just keep going- because on race day I could just as easily have a cramp or an asthma flare up and I need to be used to pushing through those kinds of obstacles. And I am so glad I did! 4 1/2 ain't too shabby.

When I got home I was hungry and these guys were hot out of the oven, so of course I had to have a few  (OK six) with ketchup.


After the smiley fries, I went out to get a few brews for the weekend down in Avalon with Tierney, Bridget, and Caroline. Picked up some Dogfishhead 60 Minute IPAs. I really wanted the 90 minutes but they would have broken the bank.

Dinner? Whole wheat flatbread topped with babaganoush, baby spinach, tomatoes, and goat cheese and broiled in the toaster oven. A yummy little pizza. Especially with the melted goat cheese.


Served with a Kennebunkport IPA.


And finished off with Ciao Bella Blackberry Cabernet sorbet topped with almonds, dark chocolate (yes, from my Easter bunny), and dried coconut.


Yum. Just felt in an indulgent mood... and this is why I pushed through those 4 1/2 miles today.

I attempted to make ginger beer tonight. It may be disastrous. Or possibly make a delicious Dark and Stormy. Give me forty eight hours and I'll report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment