Thursday, May 26, 2011

in my past life...

I may have been a hoarder. Seriously. Last night (until 3 am) and for an hour today I worked on emptying out my room and it was not pretty. Why did I insist on keeping so many papers?! I've cleared out a ton of stuff and stiff have plenty more to do. At least my room itself looks clean now. Just don't check one of the closets.

It was soo beautiful out today- and in the 80s! Too bad this nice weather brought out something new that I am ridiculously allergic to.  Out of respect for my allergic self, I hit spinning this morning rather than running outside. 

I made a smoothie to go on my way out the door. This one was inspired by the smoothies I'd get in Mexico way back when I went there in highshcool. It has a banana, frozen pineapple, and the juice of 1/2 an orange. I drank this combo Mexico not simply for the tropical taste, but because I was totally paranoid of getting sick but also desperate for some fresh fruit. I figured these fruits had thick skin and grew on trees so they were the bets produce options. I never got sick- success! The trick with this smoothie is to freeze a peeled banana the nigh before to make a creamy smoothie. Besides the fruit I also added my last 1/2 cup of plain yogurt and a splash of milk. 


Spinning was a great workout, as always, but it starting to feel humid indoors which is worse than humidity outdoors. Guess its a good thing I won't be using the gym for the summer anyway! After attacking more of my hoarder-ific room, I made a salad of baby spinach, mango, orange, balsamic baked tofu, goat cheese, sunflower seeds, and pepitas with raspberry vinaigrette.



Had my second of two free personal training sessions at 1 pm- glad I got them in before my membership ended this month! Today we did total body rather than just upper body, which was good because my back and arms are SORE.  We did a lot of medicine ball stuff the last few days- I need to invest in one.

Napped like a baby thanks to all the activity today and now I'm just waiting for my frittata to finish. Tonight's frittata has 2 eggs, 1 egg white, mozzarella, tomatoes, asparagus, baby spinach, garlic, and roasted red peppers.


If I'm going to make it to work on time, a pre-oven frittata picture is all I can post tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment